Sunday 27 January 2013

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation

The review-a new favourite



At  last, I have caved in and purchased the Nars Sheer Glow foundation. After hearing so many beauty gurus rave about this stuff, I finally decided to try it out. I am a sucker for everything Nars, however I had yet to try one of their foundations, and this did not fail to exceed my expectations.

For me, this stuff does exactly what it says on the tin. It's a dewy, medium-full coverage foundation, which gives a glow.  However, I am not very sure how Nars came up with the "sheer" in the name, as this foundation is definitely not sheer. I love the creamy texture and the overall finish is perfect for me. I love how it doesn't feel cakey, yet still leaves a flawless finish. It is also very build-able, which means you can either go for a lighter day-time finish or a fuller night-time finish. I do find however, that this foundation does not sit well on dry areas, as it seems to make them look even drier. Nars do advertise this for dry skin, but I think it is more suited to someone with combination-slightly oily skin. Extremely oily people should definitely not invest in this as it might cross the line of oiliness for you, however there is also a matte version which may be more suited for oily skin. 

Paired with a little bit of Bare Minerals Mineral Veil down the T-zone and a tad concealer on any blemishes, this makes the perfect base. It lasts for the whole day without re-powdering. For me, this is the perfect winter foundation as it gives me that little healthy glow which my pale skin lacks over the winter months. It's so easy to get your hands on one of these, however they do come at the price of £29.50. This is a little bit on the pricey side, however I do think that you get your moneys worth. This foundation does not come with a pump, which is really impractical however you can purchase one for the price of £3. With 20 shades, it's also really easy to find the perfect shade. I wear the shade Mont Blanc which is the second lightest shade. Nars Sheer Glow foundation=flawless winter skin. 





4 comments:

  1. ouu I've heard so many things about nars sheer glow, but haven't brought myself to paying the price!

    Steph // giveaway!! fun size beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's honestly worth every penny! I love it. Xx

      Delete