Sunday 18 August 2013

When in Rome, Do as the Romans Do.

I've not written a post in so long. I've actually been gone most of summer and not really had time to write *please forgive me*. I thought I'd show you a few pictures of my holiday in Rome. I've been to Italy many times before but this was my first time in Rome. I couldn't have imagined it to be as beautiful as it was. Italy is by far my favourite country. I love the food, the people and the beautiful architecture!


This was the view from the plane as you entered Rome. Ahhh, having some holiday blues.


The is the view from the top of the spanish steps as the sun went down. The bottom of the spanish steps is famous for it's shopping. I must say I was in heaven.



The view looking down over the forum. As you can probably tell it was like 37 degrees, which is very warm for someone from Scotland.

This of course is the Colosseum. 


The walk through the Forum, which was like a marketplace for the Romans.





I thought I would insert a little picture of the best Gelato, this flavour was extra dark chocolate with italian lemon custard. Excuse the chipped nail polish.

I hope you all had a great summer. What did you all get up to? 
CELINE XO

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, this all looks amazing! For a history geek like me, this looks like heaven! Thanks fo sharing. xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a history geek too, so it was heaven! Thank you for reading tehe! Xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely pictures! :) I went to Rome in Feb and loved it, only wish I could have stayed longer!

    roshjourney.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's the same for me, I was so sad to go home! Xx

      Delete